Lost or Stolen Passport for Minor


Travel the World Visas can assist with expedite passport processing (within 5 business days)  Strictly by appointment only, please email us at brigitte@world-visa.com or or call 202-223-8822 for appointment.


DS-11 passport applications must be delivered to the passport agency no later than 5 business day after execution (see below).  If the application has exceeded the 5 days from execution, the application will be suspended and the the applicant must re-execute a new DS-11 passport application.   An information request letter will be provided for any application with this issue.    

Please follow the procedure accordingly to avoid processing delay. An incomplete or incorrectly completed application will delay the issuance of the passport.

In order to have your child’s passport expedited (less than 30-day service), you must have the following documents executed by a Passport Acceptance Agent (either an authorized Main Branch U.S. Post Office or Local Clerk of the Court). For the list of Passport Acceptance Facility authorized to execute passport applications in your area, please click here.

NOTE: All persons must have their own passports, including infants.

For All Minor Applicant:

  • Each minor child shall appear in person at the passport acceptance agent.
  • BOTH parents must appear in person with the minor applicant at the passport acceptance agent.
  • If your child does not have identification of his/her own, you need to accompany your child and present identification.
  • All applications for children under 16 require both parents’ or legal guardians’ consent.

Minor applicant must be accompanied by BOTH PARENTS or legal guardian with acceptable proof of ID and proof parental relationship and consent. All the documents would be officially sealed in an envelope by an authorized Passport Acceptance Agent, which you need to ship to Travel the World Visas for hand carrying it to the U.S. Passport Agency. This envelope must have the certified seal of the Post Office or Courthouse in order for our company to submit the application to the Passport Agency.


Please present the following to the Passport Acceptance Agent:

  1. Proof of Child’s U.S. Citizenship – Must provide ONE of the following:
    • Previous U.S. Passport
    • Certified Birth Certificate issued by state, county or city with raised seal (if born in USA)
    • Certificate of Citizenship or FS-240, DS-1350 (if born outside the USA)
    • Certificate of Naturalization issued by the BCIS
  2. One Passport Application Form (DS-11) completed and signed in front of the Passport Acceptance Agent. Do not sign the application until asked to do so or you will have to fill out another.
    NOTE: U.S. Passport Agency/Department of State REQUIRES that you fill out the DS-11 application form on-line at https://pptform.state.gov/FraudAbuseNotice.aspx?form=DS11. After you complete the form on-line, please print BUT do NOT sign it.  NOTE: On the “Mailing Address” line on the passport application, please type your home address where your passport will be mailed directly from the passport agency.  If your application is rejected for whatever reason, please make sure to immediately contact Travel the World Visas.
  3. One Statement Regarding Lost or Stolen Passport (DS-64) complete and sign
  4. Applicants under age 16 must have both parents present at the Passport Acceptance Agent. If one parent can not be present (applicable for applicants below 16 years old), submit a notarized Statement of Consent (Form DS-3053) AND a copy of the parent identification.NOTE: Statement of Consent by Non-Applying Parent included with Passport Applications for Minors Under Age 16 Must Be Notarized.Effective February 1, 2008, the Department of State’s Bureau of Consular Affairs began requiring that all consent statements by a non-applying parent included with U.S. passport applications for minors under age 16 be notarized. The consent statement must include the child’s name and date of birth, as well as parent’s identification information or a copy of his/her ID. This new requirement is being implemented to enhance the accurate identification of applicants and aid in the prevention of international child abduction and substitution.
  5. Present Evidence of Child’s Relationship to Parents/Guardians (for minors under age 16).
    Note: Previous U.S. passports are not acceptable as proof of relationship to the applying parent(s)/guardian(s). You will need to submit one of the following:

    • Certified U.S. birth certificate (with parents’ names); or
    • Certified Foreign Birth Certificate (with parents’ names and translation, if necessary); or
    • Report of Birth Abroad (Form FS-240) (with parents’ names); or
    • Certification of Birth Abroad (Form DS-1350) (with parents’ names); or
    • Adoption Decree ( with adopting parents’ names); or
    • Court Order Establishing Custody; or
    • Court Order Establishing Guardianship.

    NOTE: If the parent(s)’/guardian’s name(s) is/are other than that on these documents, evidence of legal name change is required.

  6. Two recent original passport size photographs (2” x 2”) on a white or clear background (click here for the regulations for acceptable passport-type photograph).  If applicant is an infant, the eyes must be opened in the photograph)
  7. Signed Letter of Authorization – Both parents must sign this letter for the child. Must have an Original Signatures (wet signature). NOTE: Digital or Electronic signature is NOT acceptable.
  8. Notarized Multiple Lost or Missing Valid Passports Statement (this is applicable only to applicant who lost 2 or more valid passports)
  9. Proof of Departure (one of the following)
    • Copy of the flight itinerary
    • Copy of the airline ticket
  10. Government fees paid at the time of execution (Please write applicant’s name and date of birth on the check)
    $179.53 (passport book only) OR $194.53 (passport and card) – Check or Money Order Payable to “Department of State” AND
    $ 35.00 – Check or Money Order Payable to “U.S. Postmaster or Clerk of Court”
  11. Proof of Identity – You may prove your identity with any one of these, if you are recognizable:
    • Previous U.S. passport (mutilated, altered, or damaged passports are not acceptable as proof of identity.)
    • Naturalization Certificate
    • Current and valid Driver’s license, or Government ID: city, state or federal, or Military ID: military and dependents.

    NOTE:  For minors under age 14 – Provide Parental Identification. Each parent or guardian must submit one of the following:

    • Valid Drivers License
    • Valid Official U.S. Military ID
    • Valid U.S. Government ID
    • Valid U.S. or Foreign Passport with recognizable photo
    • Naturalization/Citizenship Certificate from BCIS with recognizable photo
    • Alien Resident Card from BCIS

NOTE: Your Social Security Card does NOT prove your identity.  If none of these are available , you will need:  a) Some signature documents (not acceptable alone as ID) – example: a combination of documents, such as your Social Security card, credit card, bank card, library card, etc. AND  b) A person who can vouch for you. He/she must Have known you for at least 2 years, Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident, Have valid ID, and Fill out a Form DS-71 in the presence of a passport agent.

Important information:

The government rules require the sealed envelope to be submitted to the Passport Agency within 5 business days from the day it was officially stamped and sealed by the clerk of the Post Office or Courthouse.

Please send the official sealed envelope (containing all the required documents) together with our Service Order Form, copy of the filled out DSP-11 form, copy of the DS64 form, copy of the Letter of Authorization, copy of the travel itinerary, copy of proof of identity, and payment (Money Order, Company Check, Cashier’s Check, American Express, Visa or MasterCard or Discover Card) by FedEx OR UPS to:

1930 18TH STREET NW, UNIT #1
TELEPHONE: 202-223-8822
FAX: 530-579-3315

Requirements and fees are subject to change without prior notice. All fees are non-refundable, if your application was denied by the consulate or the Passport Agency, or if you withdraw your application that has already been submitted to the consulate or Passport Agency.

Fee Information

Service Fee:

$650.00/person – 5 Business Days
$435.00/person – 7 to 10 Business Days Processing
$185.00/person – 3 to 4 weeks
$135.00/person – 6 weeks

Return Mail Fee

$43.00 (1-3 passports) Overnight Delivery
$35.00 (1-3 passports) 2-Day Delivery
$75.00 (1-3 passports) Saturday Delivery

For Alaska and Hawaii, please add $25.00 on the Return Mail Fee

For the safety of your passport, we recommend delivery by courier.  If there were a delay, we would be able to track or trace it.

Please send all required documents and payment (Money Order, Company Check, Cashier’s Check, American Express, Visa or MasterCard) by courier to:

1930 18TH STREET NW, UNIT #1

Travel Smart. Travel Safe.  Register your trip on-line with STEP, the U.S. Embassy Smart Traveler Enrollment Program.  It’s free.  So why not make it part of your travel planning and personal security?

U.S. embassies and consulates assist nearly 200,000 Americans each year who are victims of crime, accident, or illness, or whose loved ones need to contact them in an emergency. Although it is unlikely, should natural disaster, terrorism, or civil unrest strike during your foreign travel, the nearest U.S. embassy or consulate would be your source of assistance and information. By registering your trip, you help the embassy or consulate locate you when you might need them the most.


Travel the World Visas acts only as an agent, and accepts no responsibility for the services of any Travel Agent, Consulate, Passport Agency or Embassy in connection with the granting of visas. We are not responsible for delays, loss of passports or damage caused by such service providers or the U.S. Mail.
Requirements and fees are for U.S. Citizens only. Contact Travel the World Visas for information on other nationalities.
Requirements and fees are subject to change without prior notice.
Sorry but all fees are non-refundable.